Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://hdl.handle.net/10137/7430
Full metadata record
DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.authorKettle, Ellen Sarahen
dc.date.accessioned2019-02-21T00:09:18Zen
dc.date.available2019-02-21T00:09:18Zen
dc.date.issued1986en
dc.identifier.urihttps://hdl.handle.net/10137/7430en
dc.description.abstractAfter three unsuccessful attempts to colonize the northern coast of the Northern Territory this whole vast area was given to South Australia. Port Darwin had been discovered in 1839. Mr. George Woodroffe Goyder, the Surveyor-General from South Australia began to survey the town early in February 1869. Dr. Robert Peel came as the doctor attached to the survey team. After establishing a camp below what is now Government House, the first priority was to find a supply of potable water. Two days later water was found and a well was sunk; this well was named for Dr. Peel. Over the passage of years a street was named after the doctor and the area of the well became Doctor's Gully. The surveying included a site for a hospital on the cliffs above Doctor's Gully and now bounded by Packard Street.en
dc.publisherThe Hospitalen
dc.subjectRoyal Darwin Hospital Historyen
dc.subjectRoyal Darwin Hospitalen
dc.subjectHospitalsen
dc.subjectWorld War, 1939-1945en
dc.titleA brief history of Royal Darwin Hospitalen
dc.typeReporten
dc.contributor.corpauthorRoyal Darwin Hospitalen
dc.description.approvalsYen
Appears in Collections:(d) Historical Collection

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat  
00145 A Brief History of Royal Darwin Hospital.pdf8.9 MBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in ePublications are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Google Media

Google ScholarTM

Who's citing